View or Modify Attributes in Window or Dock Pane

Jump to solution
06-07-2021 02:08 PM
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I would like to show a features attributes in a custom item. A DockPane or a window. I want to use it like a popup sort of. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction. How can i bring in a selected feature and use inspector on a new custom form?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

I attached a sample project that shows a simple tool to select a point feature and then displays the attributes for that feature in a custom dockpane that is displayed.  I will add this to the community samples for 2.9, i think this is very useful.  Thanks.

Wolf_0-1623163794643.png

View solution in original post

Wolf
Esri Regular Contributor

Look in the config.daml which contains the markup for the Pro UI. 

First you should check the desktopVersion="2.9...." attribute for the AddInInfo tag.  Make sure to set it to the version of ArcGIS Pro that you are running: i.e. 2.7.0, 2.8.0 ....

Second you can set the 'appearsOnAddInTab' for either the button or the group to true (or false if you want to use your own ribbon tab). If you set 'appearsOnAddInTab' to false you have to make sure to add the button to a group on your ribbon tab.  This YouTube video gives an overview:

(512) ArcGIS Pro SDK for .NET: Working With DAML - YouTube

some DAML documentation on the Pro SDK wiki:  ProConcepts Framework · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki (github.com)

View solution in original post

9 Replies
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

Look at ArcGIS Pro samples:

https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk-community-samples/tree/master/Editing/InspectorTool 

https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk-community-samples/tree/master/Editing/Inspector_AddAttributeA... 

Both of them use Inspector EmbeddableControl. 

You can add it  as UserControl to Dockpane or ProWindow

ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. This helps!

0 Kudos
Wolf
Esri Regular Contributor

I attached a sample project that shows a simple tool to select a point feature and then displays the attributes for that feature in a custom dockpane that is displayed.  I will add this to the community samples for 2.9, i think this is very useful.  Thanks.

Wolf_0-1623163794643.png

ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

Thank you,. I am running the solution just like my other add-ins but i am not seeing the button/map tool on the add-in bar. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Wolf
Esri Regular Contributor

Look in the config.daml which contains the markup for the Pro UI. 

First you should check the desktopVersion="2.9...." attribute for the AddInInfo tag.  Make sure to set it to the version of ArcGIS Pro that you are running: i.e. 2.7.0, 2.8.0 ....

Second you can set the 'appearsOnAddInTab' for either the button or the group to true (or false if you want to use your own ribbon tab). If you set 'appearsOnAddInTab' to false you have to make sure to add the button to a group on your ribbon tab.  This YouTube video gives an overview:

(512) ArcGIS Pro SDK for .NET: Working With DAML - YouTube

some DAML documentation on the Pro SDK wiki:  ProConcepts Framework · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki (github.com)

ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

This is great. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mr. Wolf,

Thank you! I took a look at the sample. Its definitely a starting point

. Next question: How would I modify the embedded control/inspector to only show a subset of the attribute fields? 

I cruised the documentation but I don't clearly see a way. I've seen examples where I can write a subset of values to a feature but not read/display a subset of attributes for a feature using the inspector class.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

This is just what i was looking for. Thank you.

0 Kudos