Uncheck the Show Editing Toolbar in the Pro Backstage

09-21-2020 02:19 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I need to turn off the setting to “Show the editing toolbar on the map” in the Pro backstage. It can be done manually from the Editing options on the Backstage. But I need to do it programmatically using the Pro SDK. I’ve looked at the Backstage code sample which gave me the idea that perhaps this can be done by modifying Config.daml. But I haven’t been able to determine the right component ID or work out how to actually uncheck the “Show the editing toolbar on the map” checkbox?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Robert,

Currently, the only way to turn off this backstage setting (without using the Pro UI) is to modify the setting in the user.config file in Pro's roaming folder. Here is an example of the location: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Esri\ArcGISPro.exe_StrongName_xxxxxxxx\2.7.0.0

Here is a snippet of the config file with the check box turned off in the backstage:

<userSettings>
   <ArcGIS.Desktop.Editing.Settings>
        <setting name="ShowToolbar" serializeAs="String">
            <value>False</value>
        </setting>

Thanks

Uma

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Greetings Uma,

Thank you very much for your reply. This sounds promising, but I haven’t been able to find the file you specified, even when showing hidden files. Is there an alternative location I should check? (I’m using Pro 2.5.1)

Regards,

Robert Warford

0 Kudos
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Robert,

With Pro 2.5, the user.config file will be in the "Local" folder. The file was moved to the "Roaming profile" at 2.6.

So here is the path you can find it in on your machine:

C:\Users\<UserName>AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGISPro.exe_StrongName

Thanks

Uma

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks again Uma!

0 Kudos