The tag "Pro Window" does not exist....

Jump to solution
03-04-2020 08:31 AM
BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

I just upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 2.5 and the .NET project I am working on no longer 'Builds'.  The is the error....

Error The tag 'ProWindow' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:ArcGIS.Desktop.Framework.Controls;assembly=ArcGIS.Desktop.Framework'. Line 1 Position 21. 

Can someone explain what I need to do to get things going again?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NarelleChedzey
Esri Contributor

Brian, 

Make sure your Visual Studio project targets the .Net Framework 4.8.   That is likely to be the problem. 

Narelle

View solution in original post

5 Replies
NarelleChedzey
Esri Contributor

Brian, 

Make sure your Visual Studio project targets the .Net Framework 4.8.   That is likely to be the problem. 

Narelle

BrianBulla

Hi Narelle,

Yes, that is the problem.  But I for sure have 4.8 installed on my desktop, yet it does not show in Visual Studio.  Can you assist??

0 Kudos
BrianBulla

Hi Narelle Chedzey‌,

OK.  It looked like problem was that while 4.8 was installed, what i also needed was the 4.8 Developer Pack from here installed:  Download .NET Framework 4.8 Developer Pack Offline Installer 

I have read that I may also need to update the 'desktopVersion' in my Config.daml, yet everything does seem to work when I don't do that.

Is there a checklist available of all the .NET changes we need to account for when a new version of Pro comes out??

Thanks,

0 Kudos
DIRAN_GUDET_-CARLOS_ARMANDO_CA
New Contributor

Thank you. It worked for me.

0 Kudos
NarelleChedzey
Esri Contributor

Brian, 

The best place to always look for information regarding the new release would be the Wiki page of the ArcGIS Pro SDK repo

Home · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki · GitHub 

Narelle