Signing .esriAddinX with EsriSignAddIn.exe

Jump to solution
01-26-2023 04:59 AM
StevendeVries
New Contributor II

Hi,

i have to sign a .esriAddinX (ArcGis Pro AddIn installation file)  with a certificate.

Tried to sign with Digicert, but that fails.

I found this page (https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000014993) where they use EsriSignAddIn.exe to sign a ArcMap AddIn.

But i can not find a place to download EsriSignAddIn.exe and i am not sure if i can used it to sign my .esriAddinX ArcGis Pro AddIn

Some advise would be very welcome

regards,

Steven

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielRatzlaff
New Contributor III

There appears to be some good information in the Pro SDK Wiki on GitHub:

ProGuide Digitally signed add ins and configurations · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki (github.com)

The gist is that the signing utility is called ArcGISSignAddIn.exe that comes with ArcGIS Pro, and you can configure your Visual Studio project to automatically sign your add-in whenever you build.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanielRatzlaff
New Contributor III

There appears to be some good information in the Pro SDK Wiki on GitHub:

ProGuide Digitally signed add ins and configurations · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki (github.com)

The gist is that the signing utility is called ArcGISSignAddIn.exe that comes with ArcGIS Pro, and you can configure your Visual Studio project to automatically sign your add-in whenever you build.

StevendeVries
New Contributor II

Hi Daniel, thank tou for your reply, it did the job, thanks, Steven

0 Kudos
StevendeVries
New Contributor II

Hi Daniel, thank tou for your reply, it did the job, thanks, Steven

0 Kudos
TreyHoneycutt
New Contributor

Hey StevendeVires, we are having the same issue here trying to digitally sign an add-in that was developed for ArcGIS Pro.  It states it needs a .pfx file.  We currently purchased a code signing digicert that has a .crt file,  cer extension, or download as a pem file.  Just wondering the best way to sign these as esri only has this document published.  Thanks for your help

0 Kudos