Possible to use Custom Ribbon Configuration only with specific config?

07-27-2020 11:29 AM
PenelopeMitchell
New Contributor III

Hello,

I would like to use a customized ribbon configuration only with the specific pro configuration. In other words, when I launch Pro from the normal Pro.exe I do not want the customized ribbon to show.  I would only like it to enact when the customized configuration is launched.  Is this possible? --aside from manually omitting the ribbon feature in the Options>customize ribbon menu.  As of now, the customized ribbon shows in every instance of Pro for me.

Thank you,

Penelope

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

You can use "ArcGIS Pro Configurations". ProConcepts: Configuration

Additionally, check out the community samples for Configurations here:

ConfigWithMap

ConfigWithStartWizard

Thanks

Uma

0 Kudos
PenelopeMitchell
New Contributor III

Hi Uma,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I have utilized those resources, but my problem relates to the ribbon customizations being found in every instance of pro, not just when I launch the specific pro configuration.  So I am wondering if it is possible to make these ribbon customizations only within a specific pro configuration-- i.e. when I launch the ArcGIS Pro.exe, I do not want the customized ribbon to appear.  Is this possible? (w/o using the options>customize ribbon menu).

Thank you

0 Kudos
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Penelope,

Can you please provide a little more information as to how you are making these Ribbon Customizations? Are you making them in the ConfigurationManager class using one of these overrides?  ConfigurationManager class

Thanks

Uma

0 Kudos