Portal credentials for Add-in application

Jump to solution
12-02-2022 02:05 PM
Ravichandran_M_Kaushika
Occasional Contributor

dear Readers,

Good afternoon.  Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

We have an Arc Engine/Arc Objects application that we are planning to re-write in ArcGIS Pro.  We want to take advantage of the portal features and ArcGIS Pro features while re-doing the application.

One of the things that we wanted to use was portal security to limit the functions/items on the ribbon or tabs the users see.

One thought was to create a MyAppGroup and store all the app-specific layers in that Group.  If a person is not authorized to this group, then ribbon items can be hidden.  We are also thinking about returning a NULL from a pro configuration to hide the whole option and open regular ArcGIS Pro.

I am sure I am not the first one trying to make this happen.  Any white paper, blog would be greatly appreciated.

I have downloaded the samples project from GIT hub, and I am also studying the same.

Very similar to my needs - but do not address my questions:
https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-sdk-questions/searching-for-one-item-exactly-from-portal/m-...

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-sdk-questions/how-to-get-folder-id-from-portal-in-arcgis-pr...

thank you and have a good weekend.

regards

Ravi Kaushika

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

In order to control your ArcGIS Pro custom tabs and controls you can use 'States and Conditions' as outlined here:  ProConcepts Framework · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki (github.com)

There's a guide on how to do this here:  ProGuide Code Your Own States and Conditions · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki (github.com)

and some sample code here:

arcgis-pro-sdk-community-samples/Framework at master · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk-community-samples (github...

You would then in your code-behind find the portal user's group:  PortalGroup Class—ArcGIS Pro

and depending on the groups returned you can then either activate or deactivate the appropriate state.

Finally, since Module Add-ins are loaded JIT (Just In Time) and by default are not loaded until the add-in module is required by the User Interface, you can change that behavior to load your module at startup as described here:  ProConcepts Framework · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki (github.com)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

In order to control your ArcGIS Pro custom tabs and controls you can use 'States and Conditions' as outlined here:  ProConcepts Framework · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki (github.com)

There's a guide on how to do this here:  ProGuide Code Your Own States and Conditions · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki (github.com)

and some sample code here:

arcgis-pro-sdk-community-samples/Framework at master · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk-community-samples (github...

You would then in your code-behind find the portal user's group:  PortalGroup Class—ArcGIS Pro

and depending on the groups returned you can then either activate or deactivate the appropriate state.

Finally, since Module Add-ins are loaded JIT (Just In Time) and by default are not loaded until the add-in module is required by the User Interface, you can change that behavior to load your module at startup as described here:  ProConcepts Framework · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki (github.com)

0 Kudos
Ravichandran_M_Kaushika
Occasional Contributor

@Wolf , good morning.

Thank you for the pointed advice.

regards

Ravi Kaushika.

0 Kudos