Select to view content in your preferred language

Open SDE enterprise versioned layer using GDAL/OGR

09-26-2023 07:08 PM
MK13
by
Occasional Contributor

Since EditOperation.Execute is excruciatingly slow when it comes to updating versioned sde feature classes, I am looking into utilising GDAL/OGR. I am able to update File geodatabase layers but not sde layers. I imagine that it's because I don't have the SDE driver but I am unsure as to how to get  said driver. For gdal, I am utilising Tamas' gdal nuget packages which support FileGDB drivers but not SDE drivers unfortunately. Has anyone had success performing any gdal/ogr  processing on sde data?

@Wolf @CharlesMacleod @UmaHarano @RichRuh 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nita14
by
Regular Contributor

Hi,

You should not edit sde versioned data outside of ArcGIS client. You risk data corruption. GDAL will not help you with that, I am afraid. On the other hand, you can give a try with versioned views. Since you call SQL-commands, it should be way faster. More you can find here: What is a versioned view?—ArcMap | Documentation (arcgis.com)

Hope this helps.

MK13
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the tip and the link. Do you know if there are any code samples on how to create and edit versioned views utilizing sql with the pro sdk?

0 Kudos
nita14
by
Regular Contributor

I reckon, you should use directly hit the database. ArcGIS Pro SDK does not provide any additional layer to work with versioned views.

0 Kudos