Open chart after creation

10-15-2019 08:43 AM
StephenRhea
New Contributor III

Is there a way to open a chart after it's created and added to a layer through the API? I can't find an "Open" method or anything similar on the CIMChart class or a way to open a TOC item by name. The closest thing I can find is to select the layer in the TOC and activate the TOC pane so the user sees that it's created. I'm creating a chart following the process in Public classes to create a chart through the API‌.

In ArcMap we created a chart (IDataGraphT instance) and added it to an IDataGraphWindow2 instance, then called Show.

8 Replies
StephenRhea
New Contributor III

Shameless bump :-). I was hoping this would be implemented in 2.6, but I still can't find any way to do it.  Tim Whiteaker alluded to this in How to refresh a layer's chart list in the map's table of contents, which is now marked as answered, so any additional guidance would be super helpful. According to the Live Visual Tree in VS2019, charts use a ChartPaneView, which is an internal class. Can this be made public? Alternatively, can we access the TOC item and simulate a double-click?

We have an ArcMap workflow where users can create multiple charts on the same feature class, and we have a manager that allows them to open, delete, etc. We are unable to migrate this to Pro because we can't open the charts directly through code. Our current workaround is to include verbiage on the manager UI so the user knows where to find the charts, but this is not ideal.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for raising this question.  I too need the ability to open a chart through the API.  Have you had any additional information from ESRI?

0 Kudos
LukasFuhrimann
New Contributor

Yes, I am surprised that there still seems to be no development on this

0 Kudos
Laxmikanth
New Contributor

Thanks for raising this question.  I too need the ability to open a chart through the API.  Have you had any additional information from ESRI?

0 Kudos
StephenRhea_NV5
Occasional Contributor

@Anonymous Userand @Laxmikanth I've never heard anything back. Have y'all been able to come up with anything?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have not heard anything as well.

0 Kudos
TimWhiteaker
Occasional Contributor II

I still have no solution either

0 Kudos
LewisTrotter
New Contributor III

Any development on this? Would be useful.

0 Kudos