Looking for ProApp snippet in ArcGIS Pro SDK?

11-09-2015 05:20 PM
SeanNakasone
New Contributor II

Any code snippets on how to use ArcGIS.Desktop.Core.ProApp class?

Ideally I would like a snippet to create a console app, but I'll take a UI snippet as well.

Thanks,

Sean

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SeanNakasone
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
SeanNakasone
New Contributor II

I followed the instructions in ProConcepts CoreHost · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki · GitHub

to authorize ArcGIS Pro work offline work...

arcgis pro > Project > Licensing > check "Authorize ArcGIS Pro to work offline".  But I got this error, title="ArcGIS Pro" msg="ArcGIS Pro cannot be set to work in offline mode.  You can configure to take a license offline only on a single device.  Please contact your organization's administrator."

suggestions?

0 Kudos
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sean,

First, only classes in ArcGIS.Core can be used in a console application. These are Geodatabase and Geometry classes. None of the classes in any of the ArcGIS.Desktop.xxxx assemblies can be run using CoreHost so even if you get past the license check in CoreHost at runtime your console app will crash in spectacular fashion.

Second, the message you are getting is coming from the Pro license check (I assume you are on Backstage in Pro?). From the error message content it seems you have already taken Pro offline on another machine. You must check in that license first (on that machine or device). You can find more information here: http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/view-software-licenses.htm Topic "Authorize ArcGIS Pro to work offline"

If this is not the case and you do not have your license offline on another machine or device then you will need to call ESRI tech support to resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
SeanNakasone
New Contributor II

Charles, thanks for the info.  I'm disappointed to hear that much of the Pro SDK will not support a non-graphical environment.  I've always felt it was best to split core functionality from UI, i.e. ArcObjects and Arcmap.  I have some console tools that work with mxd files and I was hoping to port that over to the Pro environment.  UI apps often have issues when run from a non-interactive session.  But thanks to you, at least I know what the limitations are.

I don't know what Backstage means.  I'll checkout the license link.

Thanks,

Sean

0 Kudos
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sean, Backstage is what we refer to as the Project tab in Pro. Licensing is found on the Project tab, Licensing option.

0 Kudos
SeanNakasone
New Contributor II

thanks a lot.

0 Kudos