Is there a way to setup access restrictions on an add-in that I developed?

Jump to solution
03-02-2021 06:03 AM
Amadeus111
Occasional Contributor II

I have developed  a set of add-ins. Our organization has different branches and divisions. I would like to share the add-ins with a group of people and some individuals maybe. Is there way to insert some kind of password for each user so they will enter the password to use the add-in

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Amadeus111

@KirkKuykendall1 I think we use active directory and, this solution would be really nice. It has some advantages as well. However, I don't get along with IT guys. I will have less control, have to wait,  get questioned etc.. so, I went by @GKmieliauskas solution. I appreciate it anyway. 

0 Kudos
Amadeus111

Hi @KirkKuykendall1 and @GKmieliauskas , 

I think I will need to use both of the solutions you guys offered. I will come back with results. Thanks for the answers. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Amadeus111 ,

If your organization is using windows active directory, you can set windows ACL at folder permission level.

And then configure these individual folder in the add-in folder registry.

Recently, I have done enterprise roll out with cloud offering with this way and it is simple and easy to manage with windows user group. User don't need to login to Add-in and if they don't have permission, they just simply cannot see the add-in.