Is there a way to just show Projected coordinate systems in built-in Coordinate system dialog ?

Jump to solution
09-03-2019 01:22 PM
Sai_PhaneendraPoludasu2
New Contributor III

I have an add-in where I want to display a dialog to get the desired spatial reference from the user. I am using the built-in coordinate system dialog. I want the dialog to only display projected coordinate systems for selection.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sai, Than,

It is not possible to display just a subset of the coordinate systems in the Coordinate system picker control.

Thanks

Uma

View solution in original post

6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sai,

Take a look at

arcgis-pro-sdk-community-samples/Geometry/CoordinateSystemDialog at master · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk-com... 

It is similar to what you want, but you might need to tweak a few things.

0 Kudos
Sai_PhaneendraPoludasu2
New Contributor III

Thanks for looking into this Than Aung

I did see the sample and that uses a custom list of Coordinate systems and we have an option to just show PCS in there.

What I am trying now is to use the default coordinate system picker control(to avoid using a custom list) and want to keep the user experience too same while using custom addin or pro's defaults to choose spatial reference.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's right Sai,

Seem to be you want to reuse the existing default coordinate system picker control from ArcPRO (I didn't see in the SDK tool as well) 

May be Uma Harano can help.

0 Kudos
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sai, Than,

It is not possible to display just a subset of the coordinate systems in the Coordinate system picker control.

Thanks

Uma

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank Uma for your reply,

That scenario is similar to what I tried to reuse couple of existing pro UI with my custom development.

I think, that could be great if xaml files can be shared with sdk.

So that when we do development, the UI shall be consistent.

0 Kudos
Sai_PhaneendraPoludasu2
New Contributor III

Thanks Uma!

In future releases, it would be great to see a couple of properties like Show GCS, Show PCS and a method to reset the selection for Coordinate systems control.

Than Aung‌ I Agree.

0 Kudos