Import a Layout from PAGX without adding it to Project?

01-10-2020 12:38 PM
DavidLaMartina
New Contributor III

I would like to be able import a Layout from a PAGX file without actually adding it to the Project's set of ProjectItems. Is this possible?

Thus far, the only way I have found to import from PAGX programatically (and grab the recently added Layout) is to do something like this:

Item importedProjectItem = GetImportedLayoutProjectItem(workingDirectoryPath);

await QueuedTask.Run(() =>
 {
 List<LayoutProjectItem> layoutProjectItemsBeforeImport = Project.Current.GetItems<LayoutProjectItem>().ToList();

Project.Current.AddItem((IProjectItem)importedProjectItem);

LayoutProjectItem importedLayoutProjectItem = Project.Current.GetItems<LayoutProjectItem>().FirstOrDefault(item => !layoutProjectItemsBeforeImport.Contains(item));
 }
});

Of course, the call to Project.Current.AddItem() adds the Layout to the Project, which automatically brings up the Layout for editing in the GUI.

I have tried casting the Item in various places, and that never works - It seems that an actual LayoutProjectItem is not created - and thus the Layout object itself is not created - until the call to AddItem(). But is there a way to create a Layout object from a PAGX file without going through these steps?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

don't save the project and it will not add the layout to the project.

0 Kudos
DavidLaMartina
New Contributor III

My issue is that I don't want the Layout to become a part of the Project at all - I just want the in-memory Layout object.

0 Kudos