How to disable time on time slider

Jump to solution
02-25-2016 10:50 PM
NaveenAdair
New Contributor II

How can i disable time in the map view in the same way that it is disabled when the "Disable Time" button is clicked by a user on the time slider?

I understand how to set a time range by setting a "Start" and "End" value, i.e.

MapView mapView = MapView.Active;

if (mapView == null)

return;

DateTime startDateTime = new DateTime(2016, 1, 1);

DateTime endDateTime = new DateTime(2016, 2, 26);

mapView.Time.Start = startDateTime;

mapView.Time.End = endDateTime;

And i also understand that if i set the "Start" and the "End" range to Null that this will mean the time range begins infinite in the past and future.  However, what i would like to achieve is disabling the time slider altogether.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NaveenAdair
New Contributor II

@Abhishek, thank you for your reply.  My apologies, i should have been a little clearer in my question.  I am actually wanting to know how to achieve this in "code behind" using c#.

Interestingly enough it appears as though my original suggestion of setting "Start" and "End" to Null achieved my goal of also disabling the time slider, although it wasn't initially apparent from the API documentation.

As reference for those looking to solve a similar problem, please see code below:

if (mapView == null)

return;

mapView.Time.Start = null;

mapView.Time.End = null;

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AbhishekRathi1
Occasional Contributor

Dear Naveen,

Enter the layer properties by right-clicking the layer name in the Table of Contents pane.Navigate to the Time tab and uncheck the box.

NaveenAdair
New Contributor II

@Abhishek, thank you for your reply.  My apologies, i should have been a little clearer in my question.  I am actually wanting to know how to achieve this in "code behind" using c#.

Interestingly enough it appears as though my original suggestion of setting "Start" and "End" to Null achieved my goal of also disabling the time slider, although it wasn't initially apparent from the API documentation.

As reference for those looking to solve a similar problem, please see code below:

if (mapView == null)

return;

mapView.Time.Start = null;

mapView.Time.End = null;

0 Kudos