How to create a symbol style like mil2525d in arcgis pro

10-13-2019 04:40 AM
Sharan_saiGudibanda_Nagesh
New Contributor

I would like to create the symbol style file that Is able to have street symbols ponds symbols and basically usgs symbols for civilization. All the building symbols, shop symbols

Is there any resource available to create that kind, so that I may be able to add it in arcgis runtime .net sdk 100.5

Regards 

G N SHARAN SAI 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

You can create a symbol style file like the mil2525d using the Dictionary Renderer Toolkit

This link is also available from the Pro SDK wiki homepage in the what's new section (SDK Resources)

Thanks

Uma

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi,

I would like to try it.

Thanks

Regards

G N Sharan Sai

0 Kudos
New Contributor
I was struck with the problem, I don't know how to change the 
editable property from readonly value to false 
as mentioned in this below mentioned article. 
The Dictionary Renderer Toolkit provides documentation and tools for the creation of custom dictionary styles for use with the dictionary renderer. - Esri/dictionary-renderer-toolkit
github.com

The point is mentioned in the Create a custom dictionary
point no 4.
Software using DB browser for SQLite 

Thanks and Regards
G N Sharan Sai
0 Kudos
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

Note the instructions in steps 2 and 3 from the github:

2. Open the copy of the mil2525c.stylx in an SQLite database editor.
3. In the meta table, ....

So you will need a SQLite database editor. The one most people use is called "DB Browser for SQLite". Download and install it (or another one of your own choosing). Open the stylx file in the browser. Open up the "meta" table and change the value for "readonly" to be "false".

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi Charles

I have opened the meta data but in that table "readonly" is not available.Mil2525d Meta

Please provide me any suggestion to resolve the issue. 

I dont even have dictionary configuration and dictionary script.

Regards

G N Sharan Sai

0 Kudos
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

Go to https://solutions.arcgis.com/defense/help/military-symbology-styles/ and download the latest version(s) (100.6). Yours looks to be quite old and pre-dates the use of Arcade, etc.

0 Kudos
EmilyCaruccio
New Contributor III

Hi Charles, I'm new to this but I downloaded SQLite and change readonly from true to false, I apply the changes, and get the error that I am attempting to write a readonly database. I attempted to change the value in the Browse Data view as well as the edit database cell window pictured. How do I overwrite this?

0 Kudos