Get a list of GP tools that was executed

11-12-2018 07:03 AM
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello

We would like to get a list of GP tools executed by a user in Pro session.

Is there any event we can use that will fire for all tools that can write a line into log file?

Is there any other way.

The user run the regular tools and can run any of them. The manager would like to know what tools was executed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You mean beyond the ones you can save with your project if so enabled?

Geoprocessing history—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, We would like to keep a log outside the project that keep track of users actions.

In ArcMap we get the GP Form(using windows not ArcObjects) and got the GP tool name from the Form title.

In Pro it is not a different window but part of Pro window.

We are looking for some event that we can subscribe to that will fire for any GP tool that is running and can be used to write to outside log.

Another option is to get a list of command from the history when you close the project and write them to the log before exiting.

I could not find any option to implement any of these options.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The only options that I see that a user can set are in the options section under "logging", where you can choose between writing to a separate xml log file or to the dataset metadata

Geoprocessing options—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Interested idea but I have to collect these XML files from all the profiles on all the machines...

If I could set the path here to a network drive it would be better. I do not want to change APPDATA...

0 Kudos