Forbid creating new project/open project in Pro Configuration

Jump to solution
02-15-2021 02:46 AM
RehmSoftware
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have created a Pro Configuration for ArcGIS Pro and through that configuration either a new project is created or a specific existing project is opened upon startup. So after ArcGIS is initialized and ready, a project is open. Now I wonder if there's a way to disable the "new project"/"open project"/"save as"-functionality in ArcGIS Pro since I don't want the user to work with a different project as long as my configuration is active. I worked around by subscribing to ProjectOpened/Saved-Events and then disabling conditions so my Add-In is not active anymore and I also used ConfigurationManager.OnCanExecuteCommand to disable new/open from the QAT.. but the user can still do it from the "Project"-Tab that's always present.

Did I miss something or is this functionality not yet implemented?

Thanks in advance

Christian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

To delete the New Project and Open Project tabs, these DAML line will do the trick:

Backstage tab: Delete Pro's tabs and insert your own tab 

Thanks

Uma

View solution in original post

4 Replies
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

In your configuration daml file you can modify existing ArcGIS Pro ribbons, menus and etc. For example delete New project, Open project or etc. tools/commands. You just need to know module id and tool/command IDs

0 Kudos
RehmSoftware
New Contributor III

Hi,

that was already a nod in the right direction.. I came up with this:

<updateModule refID="esri_core_module">
		  <controls>
			  <deleteButton refID="esri_core_newProjectButton" />
			  <deleteButton refID="esri_core_openProjectButton" />
			  <deleteButton refID="esri_core_saveProjectAsButton" />
		  </controls>
	  </updateModule>

And looking at the QAT, it worked:

QAT.png

But I can still create/open projects in the "project tab":

RibbonTab.png

I browsed through the DAML IDs in this link: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/wiki/DAML-ID-Reference-ADCore.daml

But I couldn't figure out which ones I need to add to updateModule to get rid of new/open project in the "project tab"

0 Kudos
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

To delete the New Project and Open Project tabs, these DAML line will do the trick:

Backstage tab: Delete Pro's tabs and insert your own tab 

Thanks

Uma

RehmSoftware
New Contributor III

Thank you Uma, that did the trick.. I wasn't aware that what I was calling "project tab" is referred to as backstage 🙂

0 Kudos