Exception "Geodatabase System Tables not found" when performing a bulk update

01-22-2021 09:18 AM
MikeBHamsa
New Contributor II

Hello,

We have developed some code that uses a ArcGIS.Core.Data.Geodatabase object constructed from an ArcGIS Online feature service and we are using it to perform bulk updates. Occasionally, in the middle of processing the bulk update, we get the exception "Geodatabase System Tables not found" and then obviously the processing stops.

Why does this occur, and what are the best practices for dealing with this type of exception in the middle of a running process?

Thanks,

Mike...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mike,

Do you know which geodatabase routine is throwing the exception?

--Rich

0 Kudos
MikeBHamsa
New Contributor II

Rich,

It was one of these three; not exactly sure which one exactly. We're not doing much else in there.

Source.Search(qf);

poleDs.CreateRowBuffer()

poleDs.CreateRow(buff);

Thanks,

Mike...

0 Kudos
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

I don't have any idea why any of those routines would throw the exception you noted.  Unless someone else responds, I'm guessing your fastest resolution would be to open an incident with tech support.

--Rich

0 Kudos
ChristalHigdon_USFS
New Contributor III

I am trying to troubleshoot my first ArcPro Add-in where the selected layer in the Table of Contents is a hosted feature layer. The tool fails, but succeeds when I use a local file geodatabase feature class. So I tried just using Calculate Field in ArcPro directly on the hosted layer, to see if I could get at what the issue was. After over 2 hours of processing, I received Error 160231: Geodatabase System Tables not found.

Description

No geodatabase system tables were found.

Solution

There is no documented solution at this time.

I thought perhaps being new, there was some syntax in my Add-in code that was not correct, but seeing this error by just calculating a field directly in ArcPro on the hosted layer makes me think maybe bug.

0 Kudos