Download Map - How to download only related table rows.

Jump to solution
03-24-2022 03:33 PM
JohnCowardin
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am using the Download Map button to take a map offline. In the map, I have four feature layers and one standalone table from a published web layer. Two of the feature layers include one-to-many relationship classes to the table, in the enterprise geodatabase. The service is published on a Portal (version 10.9.1), and the data source is SQL Server. ArcGIS Pro version 2.9.1.

The features download correctly to the local mobile geodatabase, including only the features within the map extent. The table downloads also, along with the relationship classes. In my test extent, there are only about 50 features, that only have 50+ related records in the table.

The problem is that the entire contents of the table get downloaded, about 112,000 rows. This is undesirable, because it's very slow (about 20 minutes), and I don't want all those 10s of thousands of extra rows.

I have tried setting a query def on the features and the table, and I still get the entire table. The query def is applied to the local table when the process finishes, but it still contains all of the rows from the source table. I've also tried selecting a subset of features before downloading. Either way, the entire table downloads.

Is there a way to get this tool to only download the rows that are related to the features within the map extent?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnCowardin
New Contributor II

After working with Esri support services, turns out this is working as designed. From the support analyst:

"Our internal team has shared with me that the behavior we are experiencing is expected since the table is not spatial. A table will not be impacted by the zoom extent, as ArcGIS Pro has no way to know which table features might be within the extent."

The support analyst has submitted an enhancement request to add an option to only include related rows in tables where there is a relationship class in the geodatabase. The enhancement request ID is 

• ENH-000148592

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnCowardin
New Contributor II

After working with Esri support services, turns out this is working as designed. From the support analyst:

"Our internal team has shared with me that the behavior we are experiencing is expected since the table is not spatial. A table will not be impacted by the zoom extent, as ArcGIS Pro has no way to know which table features might be within the extent."

The support analyst has submitted an enhancement request to add an option to only include related rows in tables where there is a relationship class in the geodatabase. The enhancement request ID is 

• ENH-000148592
0 Kudos