Detect split event

05-21-2019 07:29 AM
BerendVeldkamp
Occasional Contributor II

Is there a way to detect if a user has performed a Split operation?

I noticed that in this case the EditCompleted event has 1 'Modify', and 1 or more 'Creates'. In my case, the table has an ID field that must be unique, so I could check if in this situation all created records have the same ID as the modified record, but I was hoping there was a simpler way.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Berend,

There's no easy way at the moment to tell if a split operation has occurred. There is a splitevent in the internal editing namespace but this hasnt been made public yet.

0 Kudos
BerendVeldkamp

Thanks for the reply, Sean.

It turned out this was an X/Y problem, so I don't need a Split event in the end.

0 Kudos
JohnJones
Esri Contributor

Berend, glad you were able to make progress could you clarify what you really needed (which you already had apparently) in place of the requested functionality and how that was a more reasonable solution to your problem?

0 Kudos
BerendVeldkamp

One of our user stories described a rule where after a split, a certain attribute value of one of the parts should retain its value, whereas that value for all other parts should be set to 0.

I was so focused on the split action, that I didn't think of the more general rule where all new features should have that value set to 0. This can easily be achieved by listening to the RowCreated event.

0 Kudos