DB Browser complains that mobile geodatabase requires icufoldcase

Jump to solution
01-08-2021 09:31 AM
KirkKuykendall1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi -

Using Arc Pro 2.7, I created a mobile geodatabase, then opened it with DB Browser for Sqlite 3.12.1.

When I chose to browse the GDB_Items table I get this warning:

dbbrowser1.PNG

Is this something I should worry about?

Thanks, Kirk

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kirk,

I reached out to the GeoDatabase team and it turns out that GDB_Items has a spatial column that requires the ST_Geometry extension to be loaded.  I think you already mentioned that you downloaded the ST_geometry extension DLL from MyEsri, I haven't verified this yet, but the ST_Geometry library is named stgeometry_sqlite.dll (or, on Linux, libstgeometry_sqlite.so).
 You need to use "Tools | Load Extension ..." to load the extension in 'DB Browser'.

The GeoDatabase team also mentioned that they are working on documentation describing the use of mobile geodatabases with 3rd party software pacakages and the ST_geometry.dll as part of the 2.8 release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Wolf
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kirk,

I reached out to the GeoDatabase team and it turns out that GDB_Items has a spatial column that requires the ST_Geometry extension to be loaded.  I think you already mentioned that you downloaded the ST_geometry extension DLL from MyEsri, I haven't verified this yet, but the ST_Geometry library is named stgeometry_sqlite.dll (or, on Linux, libstgeometry_sqlite.so).
 You need to use "Tools | Load Extension ..." to load the extension in 'DB Browser'.

The GeoDatabase team also mentioned that they are working on documentation describing the use of mobile geodatabases with 3rd party software pacakages and the ST_geometry.dll as part of the 2.8 release.

0 Kudos
KirkKuykendall1
Occasional Contributor III

The Load Extensions button is grayed until I open a geodatabase.

After opening a geodatabase readonly, I click Tools>Load Extension in Db Browser and choose the dll. I then get the same warning pop up.  But then I don't get the warning when opening GDB_Items.

Since I'm opening the DB Browser readonly, I bet it's a bug in DB Browser.  If it's readonly I don't see how anything bad could happen.

Thanks, Kirk

0 Kudos
Wolf
Esri Regular Contributor

Just an FYI, in case you were not aware of this.  You can open any supported feature layer data source using the ArcGIS Pro SDK.  This is the code:

try
{
	string url = @"C:\temp\Mobile\MobileSQLite.geodatabase\main.TestPoints";

Uri uri = new Uri(url);
	await QueuedTask.Run(() => LayerFactory.Instance.CreateLayer(uri, MapView.Active.Map));
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
	MessageBox.Show($@"Error: {ex}");
}

You can create a layer in various ways:

https://github.com/esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/wiki/ProSnippets-MapAuthoring#create-layer 

And from there you can display the tabular data and perform queries through the Pro SDK API.  

0 Kudos