Continous build for Add-In

Jump to solution
02-09-2017 05:22 AM
ChristopheAndrey1
New Contributor II

How to you build an Add-In on a continuous build server?

I can build my ArcGIS Pro Add-In in Visual Studio 2015 just by pressing a button. So far so good. However, our company strives to industrialize software build and delivery - kind of DevOps. Therefore, we would like to have our Add-In produced automatically by a build server every night (and every time somebody committed a source code change). 

Has somebody achieved that? If so, how do you tell your build server how to package the Add-In together?

PS: I am using Jenkins as a build server, but it is not a must.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Christophe

Here is a wiki page with some instructions on configuring a build server to build add-ins:  Configure build server to build add-ins and configurations  This topic addresses issues on how to setup your build server so that you don't need a full installation of ArcGIS Pro.

You should be able to use MSBuild or any other command line tool to build the add-in solution in an automated way. Please let us know if you run into any issues so we can help.

Thanks

Uma

ArcGIS Pro SDK Team

View solution in original post

1 Reply
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Christophe

Here is a wiki page with some instructions on configuring a build server to build add-ins:  Configure build server to build add-ins and configurations  This topic addresses issues on how to setup your build server so that you don't need a full installation of ArcGIS Pro.

You should be able to use MSBuild or any other command line tool to build the add-in solution in an automated way. Please let us know if you run into any issues so we can help.

Thanks

Uma

ArcGIS Pro SDK Team