ArcPro connection to PKI enabled Portal with disclaimer

02-18-2020 01:07 PM
TimothyBrown1
New Contributor II

I have a portal that forces users accept a disclaimer for access to the system. By default, ArcPro will not sign in to the portal due to what I believe is the disclaimer page since end users can't get to the authentication mechanism (PKI) until the user clicks "OK" on the disclaimer.

I thought about writing an AddIn control using a WebBrowser control to get a token, but the Pro SDK does not permit me to use tokens during sign in or setting the active portal.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Currently using ArcPro v2.4, ArcGIS Enterprise v10.6.1 LINUX.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Timothy,

I am looking into this issue right now, but supplying a token (which is not possible via the API) instead of letting ArcGIS Pro do its OAuth popup will not work because once you add a Portal Item to a map, sign in has to be supported out-of-box in order for the Portal item to show up on the map when you for example reopen the project. 

So i think to fix this problem you have to be able to sign in to ArcGIS Enterprise Portal from ArcGIS Pro even with your disclaimer page.  I reached out to our ArcGIS Enterprise dev team and try to get their input on this issue.  I will post any progress here.

0 Kudos
TimothyBrown1
New Contributor II

Thank you really appreciate it --

0 Kudos
jill_es
Esri Contributor

Hi Timothy - based on the information you provided, I would recommend reaching out to Tech Support to look further into this issue.  I'll be reaching out to you directly regarding this.

0 Kudos
TimothyBrown1
New Contributor II

Got it – thank you

0 Kudos
JTessier
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Timothy, would be interested to hear the solution you find, if you can post it here. Thx!

0 Kudos
jill_es
Esri Contributor

J Tessier‌, please feel free to DM me if you need a Support case created for this behavior in your environment.

0 Kudos
JTessier
Occasional Contributor II

Will do Jill Edstrom‌ when we get to rolling out Pro, but we haven't yet.  I just see that we have both of these variables in play for our system (pki and consent banner) and I was hoping for an understanding of how others may have addressed it.  Or a blog post of potential implementations would be great, though I understand if it is too client specific (due to some variety of pki implementations) perhaps, and we will just need to reach out when we look to cross that bridge.  

TimothyBrown1
New Contributor II

So this is still open -- I am working with technical support to resolve in our environment.  We are in a holding pattern for now due to teleworking restrictions and inability to access our lab.  One resolution was upgrading to 10.8 which now has an access dialog built in - I will post the solution once its worked out.