ArcGIS Pro Report Option "can grow"

12-30-2019 02:59 AM
FriederikeKafka1
New Contributor II

Hello,

in ArcMap-Reports we could use the Option Can Grow to Text fields, so they were able to grow and the following fields moved downwards. I can not find this option in ArcGIS Pro. Is there something similar?

7 Replies
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Friederike,

Thanks for the feedback. Currently, we do not support auto-growing text fields in Pro, but we do have a development item for it for near-term release. I'll add a note that you would like this supported in the SDK as well.

Thanks,

Alycia

0 Kudos
NicholasNilsson
New Contributor II

Hi,

I to was looking for this auto growing text field possibility. It seem sstrange that this is not supported yet. When can it be expectid?

Thanks

Nicholas

0 Kudos
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Nicholas,

We have an internal item for this in the near term (1-2 releases). We do not support this in the UI yet either. When we do that work, it will be included in the SDK. 

You can contact support and ask to be included in ENH-000126018, which is the enhancement request in the UI. You can also submit an enhancement specifically for the SDK, if you would like.

Thanks,

Alycia

0 Kudos
ChrisGreen1
New Contributor

Hi Alycia, any update on this?  It's the one thing preventing us from using these reports.

0 Kudos
PatWalker
New Contributor

Alycia,

Is this Auto Grow functionality available now in ArcGIS Pro reports?  Thanks

0 Kudos
jkarmon
New Contributor III

I'm still trying to find this functionality, too!

jkarmon
New Contributor III

Text wrapping in the details section is now available in the UI in Pro 3.2! 

Activate the Details section of your report in the contents pane, select Details (last item on the ribbon bar at the top, then check the box for Wrap text elements (see attached image).  

THANKS ESRI!

0 Kudos