ArcGIS Pro Managed Configuration limited to one instance in 2.8

Jump to solution
06-29-2021 09:03 AM
Mindy_Burkett
New Contributor II

ArcGIS Pro 2.8 will only run one instance with a Managed Configuration. Attempting to run a second instance doesn't error but simply runs ArcGIS Pro without the Managed Configuration. Multiple instances worked in 2.7. This is a problem for my clients who need to run multiple instances of the configuration.

Thanks!

Mindy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

The problem has been duplicated by the Pro Dev team and it's been scheduled to be fixed in 2.8.2.  Thanks again for reporting this.  

View solution in original post

6 Replies
KrisCulin
Occasional Contributor

I'm surprised this worked for you in 2.7.  This never worked for us and we started on 2.5.

If the one or more files are in use that get extracted from the proConfigX file, then the configuration doesn't load because the extraction failed.

There is an issue that is being fixed in the upcoming 2.8.2 update related to extraction and modifying the proConfigX file in a way that is unexpected.  Are you modifying the proConfigX file at all?

Kris

0 Kudos
Mindy_Burkett
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply!

My clients are currently using 2.7 and the configuration runs for unlimited instances. When testing the new version 2.8 on multiple machines, we have verified that the behavior is broken in the new version for our configuration.

We do not modify the proConfigX file at all.

Thanks!

Mindy

0 Kudos
KrisCulin
Occasional Contributor

Coincidentally, the question of whether multiple instances were supported for us in ArcGIS Pro came up in a meeting today.  As described, it doesn't work for us.  But if it worked for you in 2.7, then it should work in 2.8.

@UmaHarano, any ideas?  Could this be related to the issue that we reported a few weeks ago that is being fixed in 2.8.2?

Kris

Wolf
Esri Regular Contributor

I duplicated the problem using 2.8 on one of my test machines as well.   We relayed the information to the Pro Dev team and they are looking into this now.

Mindy_Burkett
New Contributor II

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Wolf
Esri Regular Contributor

The problem has been duplicated by the Pro Dev team and it's been scheduled to be fixed in 2.8.2.  Thanks again for reporting this.