ArcGIS Pro Dashboard Button Does Not Work After Editing

11-15-2021 08:53 AM
ThiPham12
New Contributor III

This problem keeps happening to me using ArcGIS Pro SDK. I read that it may be a issue with the SDK Pro v.2.8. After I created a dockpane application, it will work in Pro, but after making some edits to the dockpaneViewModel and dockpane. xaml, I tried to test the tool again, and the dockpane button no longer works. After making the edits, I don't have any problem rebuilding the tool. I am wondering if anyone else have this issue as well?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

This can happen if your user control / viewmodel throws an exception on startup (look at the output of the debugger output window when you debug the addin).   Or if you rename you user control and/or viewmodel.

If you supply a sample project i can take a look at this, I am not aware of an issue in 2.8.

0 Kudos
ThiPham12
New Contributor III

Hi Wolf, Sorry for the late reply. I keep getting this error when I debug the tool: "System.Windows.Data Error: 4 : Cannot find source for binding with reference 'RelativeSource FindAncestor, AncestorType='ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.ToolWindow', AncestorLevel='1''. BindingExpression:Path=IsActive; DataItem=null; target element is 'Thumb' (Name=''); target property is 'NoTarget' (type 'Object')." How do I resolve the problem? Thanks!

0 Kudos