Your online account does not have privileges to publish tiles

07-19-2019 06:05 AM
AdrianHughes3
Occasional Contributor

This error message has been seen by a couple of our staff. It occurs when trying to publish a tile layer to AGOL from Pro (2.3) using the 'share as web layer workflow' . The users have the right roles permissions to publish tiles so its a bit of a mystery. Seems to only be an issue for tile layers not feature layers

Tags (1)
4 Replies
RachelSears
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Adrian,

In your Organization's ArcGIS Online account, check the user permissions under Settings > Member Roles and make sure that the box for "Publish Hosted Tile Layers" is checked.

Additionally, make sure that the Organization account has enough credits to publish the layer, and that the user has enough credits allocated to them for use.

Hope this helps!

-- Rachel

AdrianHughes3
Occasional Contributor

I can't test this right now but I think the issue must be that these users do not have a credit allocation. We create the cache locally so no credits are used when publishing. Ideally Pro should let you publish if you have no credits as long as you are creating a local tile cache.

0 Kudos
AdrianHughes3
Occasional Contributor

Just to confirm, if the user has no agol credits assigned to their account they will not be able to publish a tile layer even if you are creating the cache locally which doesn't use credits. This is with Pro 2.4

GoWest
by
New Contributor III

I ran into this same error:  "Your online account does not have privileges to publish tiles"

The problem was I didn't have any AGOL credits assigned to my account.  
A better error message would indicate that you don't have any credits.

0 Kudos