Why "All Portal" option no longer list on the Portals section?

Jump to solution
09-24-2020 01:02 AM
Iniobong
New Contributor II

I am using ArcGIS Pro version 2.6 and the Learn ArcGIS tutorial required that I add an external ESRI style file from ArcGIS portal under "All Portal", however, this is not available, it is replaced by "ArcGIS Online" which doesn't return the result for the style. Why can't I find "All portal" and how can I either bring back or find the ESRI styles I need?

PS: The "All Portal" option is available on Pro 2.5.

ArcGIS Pro showing ArcGIS Online instead of All Portal

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Iniobong - the active portal for your ArcGIS Pro login is ArcGIS Online so the Portal folder in the Catalog View reflects that.  If you were logged into your Enterprise Portal for licensing, the name would change (presumably) to your Enterprise Portal name.  I mimicked your workflow and searched for the term stylx and the search results were numerous.  See the graphic below.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Iniobong - the active portal for your ArcGIS Pro login is ArcGIS Online so the Portal folder in the Catalog View reflects that.  If you were logged into your Enterprise Portal for licensing, the name would change (presumably) to your Enterprise Portal name.  I mimicked your workflow and searched for the term stylx and the search results were numerous.  See the graphic below.

Good luck!

Iniobong
New Contributor II

Thank you @Robert LeClair, your response gave the desired result. The instruction for the course ask that the search parameter be "ESRI" which didn't bring any results because the option is only available on "All Portal" like I mentioned early.

TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Kind of echoing what Robert said, nothing went away at version 2.6. At 2.5, "All portal" referred generically to either ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise. Now, depending on your active portal, you see "ArcGIS Online" or "ArcGIS Enterprise" instead. (You don't see the exact name of an enterprise portal, just "ArcGIS Enterprise".) There is no change to the available content as a result of the name change.

I'm not sure which Learn ArcGIS lesson you are working on. If you are downloading a style from ArcGIS Online at https://esri-styles.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html, the web page has been redesigned fairly recently. You may need to scroll down and access one of the styles under the heading Solution styles. (I'm just guessing this might be the problem.)

If there's an error in the tutorial, you can send a comment by scrolling all the way to the bottom of the web page and clicking the Tell us what you think link. That will open a message box that allows you to describe the problem and references the page URL. It will get forwarded to the Learn ArcGIS team. At a minimum, it sounds like the text of the lesson should be updated to say "ArcGIS Online" instead of "All Portal."

Iniobong
New Contributor II

I'm not sure which Learn ArcGIS lesson you are working on.

The lesson was Mapping the public garden, and the style was to be added from within Pro although I did download it from the esri style page before I got the response.

At a minimum, it sounds like the text of the lesson should be updated to say "ArcGIS Online" instead of "All Portal."

True and more than that, both alternatives of searching for "ESRI" where learners find "All Portal" in the Portal list  (as in the tutorial) should be mentioned as well as "stylx" when learners see "ArcGIS Online" as mentioned by Robert LeClair above.

For context, I have provided the screenshot from then lesson below.

PS: I had mention the differences in 2.5 and 2.6 because I was using different version and both show different options on the Portal list.

Thanks you