Why is there an index folder if i don't create an index?

02-10-2022 09:36 AM
TamT
by
New Contributor III

If y chose "Don't create index" in the Options there is still a folder called "Index" that is automatically created when creating or saving a .aprx.

Why this empty folder, which is useless?

5 Replies
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi TamT, thank you for drawing attention to this. The ArcGIS Pro development team has logged an issue to fix this behavior. I can't give you a time estimate, but it is being tracked now. Thanks again! 

Tim

0 Kudos
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @TimOrmsby ,

Is it possible to share the bug number or some details regarding this. I remember there used to a system in place where we could use the details to help out customers over geonet.

~Shan
0 Kudos
TamT
by
New Contributor III

Thanks.

The same with folders.  When saving the project a folder I don't want to be created is automatically created. But in the options I said not to create a folder. A "naked" aprx is the wish.

0 Kudos
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, see this idea which is under consideration: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/quot-save-it-later-quot-without-creating-a-new/idi-p/...

Is that the same as what you want?

0 Kudos
TamT
by
New Contributor III

Exactly what I want. Please eliminate this automatic folder creation. Users wish this for years no as there is really no need of it. Thanks a lot.