Select to view content in your preferred language

Why is my map spinning? (ArcGIS Pro)

11-25-2019 12:54 PM
RebeccaTebeau
Emerging Contributor

I am new to the forum, so I apologize if I have missed similar entries, but from my search, I found nothing. I have a basic map with 2 point feature classes and 1 polygon feature class. I realized the shapefile for my polygon was incorrect, so I went to delete it (using the [Delete] button on my keyboard) from the "Contents" list, and now my map won't stop spinning. I don't mean the "loading" type of spinning, I literally mean the map is spinning in circles and I can't interact with anything unless I hit [Esc] which only results in the spinning map again as soon as I interact with anything in the program. Has anyone encountered this, and is there a reason why this is happening so that I can prevent/stop this going forward? I tried recording this, but for some reason, while running the screen capture program, it magically works.

12 Replies
ODWC_GIS
Frequent Contributor

My ArcPro has lately developed a quirk, in that I will be selecting features and suddenly it decides it will not be selecting anything, but instead rotate the map.  Anonymous' suggestion to hit Caps Lock seems to have worked.

0 Kudos
KenBragg
Occasional Contributor

Wow still have this ridiculous bug  at 3.2. This was reported in 2019! 

0 Kudos
tiztrain
Regular Contributor

Can confirm spinning in 3.3 and I don't have Webroot.