Why don't photo attachments show up in reports created in ArcGIS Pro?

02-25-2020 01:40 PM
JamesDaniels
New Contributor II

I'm trying to generate a report in Arc GIS Pro 2.5 that include the photo attachments. I insert a box for the attachment using the attachment button in the data section of the insert tab, but when I run the pdf maker under the share tab place for the attachment is blank.

24 Replies
MeredithDutlinger1
New Contributor III

I know, I was so excited for 2.6 and all it’s new functionality, but my attachments still aren’t showing up. If I open a ticket which is looking likely, I’ll be sure to share what I found out. Thanks for your response Chris!

0 Kudos
JamesDaniels
New Contributor II

Hi Meredith,

I was able to resolve the issue with the upgrade as well but, one issue that I'm still having is that if I save a report as a template and then try to run it again with a new shapefile with attachments the photos don't populate. I have to create a new report each time. So, if you are using a template, you may want to try creating a new report.

Best,

Jimmy

0 Kudos
CooperLogan
Esri Contributor

Hello James Daniels, and others facing this issue!

One cause of this issue can be the way the report data source is set.  Attachments don't currently appear correctly unless the data source is set to a layer in a map that you have in your project.

Could you try following these steps to see if it helps? 

1. Open the report
  2. In the Table of Contents, right-click the report and open Properties >> Source
    1. Under source, we want to see the data source formatted Map Name: Layer Name, eg "Map: Addresses"
  3. Click the file button to set the source: 
    1. In the Project section, choose Maps
    2. Double-click the map containing your layer, and choose the layer

If the data source is set to the data location in a database or elsewhere, instead of the layer in a map, attachments do not appear correctly.  This issue has been logged as a bug.

Have a good one!

Cooper

0 Kudos
MeredithDutlinger1
New Contributor III

OK cool, I will try it. meanwhile, I created a workaround solution by extracting subsets of data to a .gdb and it works fine. it is kindof a pain to link stuff back up with Object ID instead of global, but at least it’s not a show stopping bug.

I’ll get back to you when I can implement steps below. thanks again!

0 Kudos
CooperLogan
Esri Contributor

Hi Meredith Dutlinger‌,

I'm glad that the report is working for you now! 

As we discussed, there is also a separate defect with the new Related Reports, added at 2.6.  This other issue is specific to relationship classes built using GlobalIDs/Guids. 

--Cooper

0 Kudos
MeredithDutlinger1
New Contributor III

Oh gotcha … I thought you sent a potential solution for that global id problem. Anyway, thanks for sending and keep it coming! Thanks Cooper ~

0 Kudos
NickMoore
New Contributor III

Hi @CooperLogan ,

Do you have any bug reports regarding the GlobalID/GUID issue with related reports. I have also hit this stumbling block?

0 Kudos
PhilipMellor54
New Contributor

Hi!

I was having no problem exporting photo attachments into a report from a FGDB up until I upgraded to 2.8.0. Now I can't see photos in the exported pdf. This is a nightmare as we produce many reports each day. Is anyone else having this issue after upgrading??

0 Kudos
KyleMcDonald1
New Contributor II

Hi Philip, 

We have come into the same problem with the 2.8.0 upgrade, but not from an FGDB. We are streaming from AGOL. This worked in previous versions, but decided to give up in the update. Did you find a work around?

0 Kudos
jdaniels_ASM
New Contributor II

I had the reports up and running, but now that I've upgraded to 2.8 my photos are no longer being populated in the exported reports.

0 Kudos