Why does cursor go to beginning when editing table in Pro?

08-02-2019 09:47 AM
RobCahalan
New Contributor III

I have ArcGIS Pro version 2.4 and I am glad that the functionality to move within the table while editing using the enter button has been added. I am having an issue when I am editing a record and I press enter to go down to the next record. When the cell is activated upon pressing enter and I begin typing, the cursor moves backwards after the first key stroke. 

You can see in screen shot above that that the text in the active cell is H005P and it should be PH005. This is a result of the cursor moving backwards after I initially pressed the "P" button. This does not happen all the time. If I am editing and I go slow this seems to not happen but it seems to be inconsistent.

Is there a known issue with this or a setting that causes this?

8 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

What happens if you pause map drawing when editing in the table?

RobCahalan1
New Contributor III

Hi Kory, this issue still persists when the drawing is paused...

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hmm, OK, what if you pull the table up to cover the whole map?  

Are you able to share any details about the table/map where you're seeing this lag?  It would be super helpful for us to have a better understanding of what might ultimately cause this.  If you're able to share a map package that demonstrates the issue (along with a few steps about what field you're editing) to kkramer@esri.com that would be awesome.  If needed, I can set up a secure ftp site...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Rob, I wanted to circle back here to point you to the published bug: BUG-000125106: When quickly editing a table using Enter, the cursor.. 

You can go there and click the Subscribe button which will provide you with notifications, and also increment the number of affected customers which helps prioritize issues.

Cheers

RobCahalan
New Contributor III

Thanks Kory, sorry I have not gotten back to you sooner...been pretty slammed. I have emailed you a .mpkx for your review....Thanks again.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thanks Rob Cahalan‌ but I haven't received anything.  Can you try again: kkramer@esri.com

Thanks

0 Kudos
AlexRudowski
New Contributor III

Hi Kory, I'm having the same problem as Rob. I clicked on the Bug synopsis link and it says it was modified today (3/10/2021) I subscribed, but there's no additional information. Do you know anything about an update? Thank you!

0 Kudos
KetchumUtilities
New Contributor

I too just started having this happen (3/15/20). Found this thread and just updated Pro to 2.7.2 and the issue persists. After a restart I can usually edit 1 or 2 features and everything is fine. As soon as i see the box "processing update table row" appear after I finish an entry and select the next feature, the problem comes back.

0 Kudos