Why Does ArcGIS Pro Export Portions of Map in Black and White?

01-10-2022 12:49 PM
Labels (1)
RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

I am currently using ArcGIS Pro to export a map (Export Layout). The data is pulling from a tile cache in AGOL. The tile cache is in full color, but when I export the map, only portions of the map are in color, and the rest are in black and white. And there is a clear delineation where the transition happens. I have tried exporting in multiple image formats, and all have this issue. Does anyone know why it does this, and how to fix it? I attached an example screenshot.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

What format are you exporting the map to?

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
RyanUthoff

TIFF, PNG, JPG. Any photo format. All of them have the same issue.

0 Kudos
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

That's not good. It's possible there is something going on in the layer or a bug with the export. Is the AGOL layer publicly accessible? I would like to see if I can reproduce this and maybe provide some better help. You could also try reaching out to tech support. They are well equipped to troubleshoot things like this and provide solutions or workarounds. If they can't solve your issue they can reach out to the development team and log a bug. You can contact them here https://support.esri.com/en.

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
RyanUthoff

For what it's worth, the export does work correctly with PDFs, although that doesn't do me much good since I need a picture format. I also tried this on multiple computers, one with ArcGIS Pro 2.7, and one with the latest release.

Also, it seems to more of an issue with large format exports (for example, 48 x 36). It seems to work correctly at small sizes.

Finally, it seems to work correctly when using the native coordinate system (web mercator), even at large sizes. But if I change the data frame coordinate system to be Robinson, that is when it no longer exports out some of the colors.

Yes, it is publicly accessible.

https://tiles.arcgis.com/tiles/RS8mqPfEEjgYh6uG/arcgis/rest/services/flight_routes/MapServer

I was able to retrieve the underlying data and re-create the map myself and export it correctly with color, so it's not too big of a deal. I was just curious if anyone else had this issue.

0 Kudos