Why does ArcGIS Pro 2.6 Export table to CSV truncate field names?

Jump to solution
08-25-2020 04:24 PM
GrahamSmith1
New Contributor II

Up until version 2.6 you could export a table from Pro to a .CSV file and the full field name would be written to the file.  Now with the latest release this is not the case, annoyingly.  Now it truncates the field names as if it was writing to a DBF file.

Is there a way to override what seems to be a bug?  If not, ESRI, PLEASE FIX THIS!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I can confirm... I would file a tech support case (or it won't get fixed).  BUT.... even though the shortcut is supposed to do the same thing, it doesn't..

Always use Tools in Arctoolbox to check.

The Copy Rows tool actually works, not the shortcut

The Reallllllly in the failed shortcut, really sums it up

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I can confirm... I would file a tech support case (or it won't get fixed).  BUT.... even though the shortcut is supposed to do the same thing, it doesn't..

Always use Tools in Arctoolbox to check.

The Copy Rows tool actually works, not the shortcut

The Reallllllly in the failed shortcut, really sums it up

... sort of retired...
GrahamSmith1
New Contributor II

Thanks for confirming and showing that it does work correctly with Copy Rows.  I'll raise a ticket with Tech Support.   Cheers

0 Kudos
StephanieWeber1
New Contributor II

Hello! I was just wondering if you ever raised the ticket with Tech Support about this.  The Copy Rows is an OK alternative, but you lose the ability to control what fields are exported like you have in Table to Table.  Thank you!