Why does an unrelated graphic keep populating under my legend items? I'm using Arcgis Pro 2.5

03-05-2020 11:25 AM
KevinStarr
New Contributor

At one point I added interstate and highway symbols to my layout and now the blank highway graphic keeps populating underneath my legend items. I have deleted the symbols in my layout, but I cannot get rid of the graphic in the legend. Anyone experience this and have a solution. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kevin, 

Looks like the text symbol used for the labels in the map are also being used by the text in the legend. I would suggest that you change the Text Symbol for all your legend items.

1. In the Contents pane right-click the Legend and open its properties to open the Format Legend pane.

2. Click the Options tab

3. Click the "Show properties..." button to open the Format Legend Item pane for ALL your legend items (layers).

4. Click Text Symbol

5. This is where you will apply properties to the text in the legend.  I would suggest starting by selecting one from the gallery that does not have a callout like the highway shield, such as one of the "Subtitle" symbols.

Once you have the callout out of the way you can then change the text properties as you see fit. For more infor p[lease see Text symbol properties—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Hope this helps, 

Tom

KevinStarr
New Contributor

Tom,

Thanks a ton for the detailed response. For some reason, I think the legend

items were referencing the callouts that I have in my map as point symbols.

I have no idea why the program chose the highway symbols, but I finally got

to the bottom of it this morning. Thanks again!

Kevin

0 Kudos