Which properties are imported when a RVT file is imported in ArcGisPro??

01-20-2021 06:06 AM
UmbertoCarenzo95
New Contributor III

Good morning, i'm using ArcGis Pro 2.7 integratore with a BIM model (Revit 2019) for my master thesis, which will be focused on the facility management of the Building. Being focused on this effort is important for me that, when querying an element of the BIM model in ArcGis, to see the parameters created directly in Revit. The problem is that not only some of the standard parameters are not imported, but the parameters i created also are not imported. Is there a way to check which parameters are imported during a drag and drop of the RVT file in ArcGis?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello Umberto, 

Pro reads most of the tables and parameters (global, shared or project ) set to instance or type Which table(s) are you using to stored your parameters? Also, which version of Pro and Revit are you using ?

Best regards, 

David

0 Kudos
UmbertoCarenzo95
New Contributor III

Thank you for your reply.

I'm currently using Revit 2019 because the project they gave me is modeled in that version of the software, and ArcGis Pro 2.7, so the latest version.

I did not create the parameters, but the ones i'm interested in are all created as project parameters, in the attached pictures you can see them because they have the name starting by Cod_xxx, and as you can see these "Cod_xxx" parameters are both in the instance parameters both in the type parameters.

I was wondering why those are not visualized in ArcGis Pro because i have to add other parameters later in Revit to figure out when selecting an object in ArcGis Pro, so i was wondering which was the logic of the software on importing parameters on ArcGis Pro. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello Umberto, 

Looking at the screen capture 31 & 32 the fields are empty so Pro will not read fields that are empty. I did try to repo your data organization and Pro can read attributes.  Would you be able to share the file with me so I can see why Pro is not reading your data.

Best regards, 

David

2021-01-21_15-26-11.png

2021-01-21_15-28-33.png