Where new tabs are opened

01-18-2022 12:17 AM
Labels (2)
IlkaIllers1
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a way to determine where new tabs should be opened? I feel this is very random. I like to have my maps in a tab group at the top and tables in a tab group at the bottom. However, most of the time when I open a new map/table/anything, it just opens randomly:

- tables are opened in a new tab group about 50% of the time, which uses up too much space on the screen and just seems unnecessary

- maps are often opened in the existing "table" tab group at the bottom

- Other items are opened randomly here and there

Is there a way to direct this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, try setting the user interface options for working with views and see if that helps. See this help topic: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/user-interface-options.htm

0 Kudos
IlkaIllers1
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks, that might take care of some of the problem. Though how I can change where maps and layouts get opened?

0 Kudos
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

As far as I know, maps and layouts always open stacked on top of the active view. I don't think you can change this in the UI. When a map opens next to a table, it's because the table view was active when you opened the map. If you make a map view active instead, or close the table view first, then the new map (or layout) will open in the expected location.

0 Kudos