Where is the option "Create layer from selected features" in ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
12-19-2014 04:28 AM
VitorAntão
New Contributor

Hi, im using ArcGIS Pro and my impression are the vest. Unfortunetly dont find the option "Create layer from select features". Where can find it?

If the option doest existe , i hope that Esri Inc include this option in ArcGIN Pro because is a very important option!!!

Thanks,

Untitled.png

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Make Layer From Selected Features is included in the release of ArcGIS Pro 2.1.

Look for that release in January 2018.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

An option is to consider is in the same Context Menu - select Data -> Export Features.  This starts the Copy Features GP tool.  Granted it creates a new feature class but would work.  Not sure if the ArcMap functionality is to be ported over in the future or not.

MarcLEMAIRE
New Contributor III

Hello Robert,

I tried this tool (data --> export feature class), but it doesn't work if you need to create a new class with only the selected features. It copies all the features in the new class.

Actually, it seems to work with point features but no with line features.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello Marc -

I tested the Copy Features GP tool for selected points and lines.  It worked as expected - only created a new feature class for selected features.  I'm running ArcGIS Pro 1.1 (BETA) so perhaps that's why I'm seeing different results???

CharlesFinley
New Contributor III

Yes, the Copy Features tool covers this.  It does create a feature class, I store it in my project Geodatabase.  One handy thing about it is that it loads back into your map with the same symbology as what you copied from.  Not labeling though.

0 Kudos
SimonJackson
Occasional Contributor III

Is this in v2? 

0 Kudos
LandonProfaizer
New Contributor

Just make your selection, then right click the layer in the table of contents. Instead of going to Selection, go to Data>Export Features. It automatically exports the selected features.

MatthewForsberg
New Contributor III

Yupp, this is how I have always done it.

0 Kudos
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Vitor,

We know this is functionality that our users need. It is in the current product plan for a future release. Thanks for your input!