When entering data in a field sometimes the first character ends up as the last

Jump to solution
03-26-2020 12:19 PM
JeffLegato1
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately, this appears to be an intermittent bug as I can't seem to recreate the conditions for when it happens.  Occasionally, when entering data, I'll click in a field in the table view and enter data like '1234' and sometimes I'll look back and the data was recorded as '2341'.  It seems that sometimes after I enter the first character the following characters are recorded as being to the left of the first character.  Anyone else experiencing this?  I couldn't find anything on the forums related to it.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Jeff Legato‌  !!!

Boredom lead me to

BUG-000125106: When quickly editing a table using Enter, the cursor.. 

First hit on a search using " table enter front "

I am sure you would have nailed it eventually

View solution in original post

9 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

do you remember moving the mouse or clicking in the cell twice?  I saw it once entering text and I had done the first

0 Kudos
JeffLegato1
Occasional Contributor

I got the behavior to happen in an empty cell after I tabbed into it.  It has also happened when I clicked on the cell once.  It hasn't happened when I have clicked on the cell twice to get the cursor within the cell.  

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

sadly, intermittent probably means not reproducible ... if you can do so, then it might be an issue for Tech Support

0 Kudos
JeffLegato1
Occasional Contributor

Right.  I wanted to get this issue up on the board so ESRI can at least know it's happening as I know they take data accuracy very seriously and would stomp this bug if they could get their hands around it.  

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Jeff, if you hit the Subscribe button it will increment the count of affected customers, and also set you up for status notifications:

JeffLegato1
Occasional Contributor

Subscribed.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Jeff Legato‌  !!!

Boredom lead me to

BUG-000125106: When quickly editing a table using Enter, the cursor.. 

First hit on a search using " table enter front "

I am sure you would have nailed it eventually

JeffLegato1
Occasional Contributor

You found it!  I'm so glad i'm not losing my mind over here!  

Good to know it's a legit bug that ESRI is aware of. Thank you for finding this Dan Patterson‌!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Jeff Legato‌can you mark the thread answered so it will bubble up to the top next time someone searches for this.