What is the best laptop to run ArcMap Pro and ArcGIS Desktop 10.8? If possible, within the $1,500 range

Jump to solution
07-29-2020 11:43 AM
MonicaMurray
New Contributor

I'm currently looking for the best, most affordable laptop to run ArcGIS Desktop and ArcMap Pro. It is possible that I will be able to ask my employer for help in purchasing the laptop, but only for the right price. If anyone has any suggestions, please help!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
EricJohnson2
New Contributor III

Hello, here is a link to the ArcGIS Pro system requirements,  Hope this helps.

ArcGIS Pro 2.6 system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

View solution in original post

Immiali
New Contributor

Well for the price you can get many top laptops. In my view, if you need something powerful and sturdy to handle complex tasks such as Running ArcGIS and other GIS software, Acer Predator Helios 300 is the right pick for you. 

This laptop offers more than we required to run GIS software. Such as it has a Turing architectured RTX 2060 Graphics card with 6GB dedicated space. Latest generation multi-core processor with superb clock frequency. Its display got 300-nits brightness, with 144 Hz refresh rates and 3ms response time. 

In total this laptop is something you can rely on for the tasks mentioned. The best of all it comes under $1100 budget. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
EricJohnson2
New Contributor III

Hello, here is a link to the ArcGIS Pro system requirements,  Hope this helps.

ArcGIS Pro 2.6 system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

ShannonPugh
Occasional Contributor

That's a fine answer!

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Have you checked out Thomas Colson‌'s https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-13504-sasquatchs-annual-what-computer-should-i-buy-for-pro-recom... That is from a bit over a year ago - not sure if he would update anything on there...

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Due to some changes in how we purchase computers, which I have already made my very strong opinion on the changes well known internally, I won't be updating that any more, as there is no point......

0 Kudos
DominicCwalinski
New Contributor

Can you expand on this? I am looking to purchase another computer and the original documents do not look at all like what Dell currently offers.

0 Kudos
Immiali
New Contributor

Well for the price you can get many top laptops. In my view, if you need something powerful and sturdy to handle complex tasks such as Running ArcGIS and other GIS software, Acer Predator Helios 300 is the right pick for you. 

This laptop offers more than we required to run GIS software. Such as it has a Turing architectured RTX 2060 Graphics card with 6GB dedicated space. Latest generation multi-core processor with superb clock frequency. Its display got 300-nits brightness, with 144 Hz refresh rates and 3ms response time. 

In total this laptop is something you can rely on for the tasks mentioned. The best of all it comes under $1100 budget. 

0 Kudos