What does "Failed to retrieve a page of rows" imply?

Jump to solution
08-16-2018 07:52 AM
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

552 points in a SDE 10.6.1/SQL 2014 Feature class, published as a 10.5.1 non-federated feature service, sorted, when I scroll, I get this error, which doesn't explain a lot. Any insight? I happen to have two maps, two catalog views, and two attribute tables open in the same project, one set for the "new" SDE, one pointing to the "Old", I'm knee deep in a migration project, and I'm stubbornly doing the entire thing in Pro. After the error appears, the attribute table "crashes". Arc Map handily scrolls the table, both from SDE and Feature Service source. Changing the caching settings in Pro doesn't help. Interestingly, when I bring the SDE table into Pro, I can scroll down, albeit much more slowly, but the table doesn't crash. If I sort on an attribute that is not driven by a domain, the error doesn't occur, only when I sort an attribute controlled by a domain then scroll.Was wondering if anyone else has this issue, or it's a known one? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanFarmer_oldaccount
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Tom,

This is a known issue. But can you confirm that this is your workflow?

• Add Hosted Feature Layer to a map in Pro
  • Open the attribute table and sort the table based on a field which has a domain
  • Scroll down through the table with your mouse, you should see the error

Here is the bug information: BUG-000106410: Sorting a hosted feature layer on a Domain field and.. 

If your workflow is different, it would be good to know. We'd want to get a new case created in Support and investigate that. Could be we'd need to update this bug or create a new one. But I think this is the bug you are running into.

Jonathan

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey Tom,

This is a known issue. But can you confirm that this is your workflow?

• Add Hosted Feature Layer to a map in Pro
  • Open the attribute table and sort the table based on a field which has a domain
  • Scroll down through the table with your mouse, you should see the error

Here is the bug information: BUG-000106410: Sorting a hosted feature layer on a Domain field and.. 

If your workflow is different, it would be good to know. We'd want to get a new case created in Support and investigate that. Could be we'd need to update this bug or create a new one. But I think this is the bug you are running into.

Jonathan

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Yes, that is exactly it! You just saved TS from the agony of a another call from me.....

Happy to help!

0 Kudos
DongxingMa
New Contributor II

The problem I get is similar, but it occurs when opening the feature class's attribute table, the table cannot even be loaded.

Hi Dongxing,

If you can't open the attribute table at all, then your issue should be separate from this bug. This is something that Tech Support should look into further for you. It could be something on our side or it may be something specific with your install. But they can help troubleshoot that with you.

Jonathan

DongxingMa
New Contributor II

Thank you for your quick reply! Should I submit a help ticket for my problem or just wait for a ESRI support to contact me? 

0 Kudos

Hi Dongxing,

You'll need to create a new case with Tech Support and then we can assist.

Jonathan

0 Kudos
DongxingMa
New Contributor II

Ok, I will do that. Thanks, Jonathan!

0 Kudos
MontyBell
New Contributor II

We are also encountering similar behavior: a "Failed to retrieve a page of rows" error message appears while scrolling through the attribute table, after sorting on a text field. However, our field does not have an associated domain. 

0 Kudos