Web URL for output location?

10-21-2020 05:17 AM
MelindaMuzzey
New Contributor

I have created a workflow using model builder in ArcGIS Pro. The last step is to export the attribute table to a CSV file. Is it possible to have the table be saved to a SharePoint or OneDrive folder? Each time I try it, I get an error message. Not sure if it's what I am doing or you that you cannot save to an online location. 

The issue is that both myself and my coworkers will need to use the workflow (never at the same time) and I'd like to avoid having to update the location each session. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

Geoprocessing tools that you run in Pro, including those that export a table to csv, cannot have output to a url/http address. If you and your coworker are on the same network you can write the output to a UNC shared folder. Or you can set up local folders on your machine to be synced to the cloud using a variety of hosting platforms. I haven't tested this approach with Onedrive but it looks possible! Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10 

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

I'll finesse Drew's reply a little, if you have Data Interoperability extension you can write to OneDrive or a Sharepoint list directly (as well as many other web filesystem options).  Create a Spatial ETL tool with an input parameter of Filename (Existing) with a filter for CSV, use a Creator/ParameterFetcher pair to catch the file name then connect a OneDriveConnector with upload action.  Add the ETL tool to your model and connect the CSV output to the ETL tool input.

0 Kudos