Vector Tile Labels Not Formatting Correctly

04-19-2017 07:37 AM
LinnGIS
New Contributor II

I am publishing vector tiles and the labels from ArcGIS Pro do not seem to be formatting correctly once they are vector tiles.  Below are a couple of screenshots to illustrate the difference.

Is there some styling that can be done to change the label offset?...or is there something within ArcGIS Pro that I'm missing?...or is this a known limitation of vector tiles?

Here are some links that may be of use:

Vector Tile REST: Services Directory - StandardBaseTest(VectorTileServer) 

Vector Tile AGO Item: http://linncounty-gis.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=b52a8efa72ad47d48b9e5354f567ccdc 

ArcGIS Pro formatting

Vector Tile formatting --- label directly on top of point, not offset as shown in ArcGIS Pro

12 Replies
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

The process is the same (I believe) as editing one of Esri's vector tile base maps.

0 Kudos
MarcoLucafo_
New Contributor III

As Matthew said, the process involves basically having a tile service published from the package and running. From there you can create a copy of the layer which will unlock download and update options for the style file.

Another option is to edit directly the original file on the server if you have access to it (on your own Portal+Enterprise system). Much faster as you can check your edits with a simple refresh, and you will also have access to other resources such as the sprites, but you may do something wrong which will stop the service so it’s mandatory to have constant backups.

If you are working in ArcGIS Online you can also use the Vector Basemap Style Editor (beta) which gives you a nice UI and an immediate feedback while lacking other options such as reordering and adding layers.

As far as I know there is no options to “repack” a VT layer with a different style once it is exploded or published.

SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

Same problem here...after many years still the same problem 🙄

ArcGIS Pro, very simple Polyline with two classes for different information.

Label placement "Along line from start" for one...

SMauri_3-1706007603303.png

...and "Along line from end" for the other.

SMauri_4-1706007769317.png

This is the result in ArcGIS Pro

SMauri_0-1706007098260.png

And this is Vector Tile on ArcGIS Online...same label repeated instead of two separate labels classes

SMauri_1-1706007324430.png

0 Kudos