Using Zoom to Selection with a Single Point

Jump to solution
02-15-2022 04:14 PM
Labels (1)
GlenColgate1
Occasional Contributor

We have recently updated to ArcGIS Pro 2.9.1 and are now experiencing issues when zooming in on a single selected point. The map will center on the point but the zoom is close to half of the previous scale.

For example, if the map is currently set at 1:250,000, a single point is selected and 'Zoom to Selected' is activated, the result would be a map centered on the point but at a scale of 140,625. Activate 'Zoom to Selected' again and the scale would be 79,102.

If the selection includes any polygons or lines or more than one point then the zoom will return as expected: centered on the object(s) and scale slightly larger than the extents of the object(s).

Is this a bug or do I need to change a setting somewhere?

Thanks,

G

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GlenColgate1
Occasional Contributor

I found this in the technical support FAQ...

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000011944

I am not sure if this constitutes an ACCEPTABLE answer, but it does explain the results I am seeing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If this is the only selectable layer, you used the same data and you upgraded from 2.9.0 to 2.9.1 it could be a bug.  If you upgraded from a much older version of Pro, one would have to go through the update history to see if a change was made to the behaviour

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
GlenColgate1
Occasional Contributor

We found the issue present when testing over our existing data and with new raw point, line and poly feature classes. Result was the same.

GlenColgate1_0-1645024615450.png

I believe our latest upgrade was between 2.8.3 and 2.9.1

I will log a support ticket. Thanks!

0 Kudos
GlenColgate1
Occasional Contributor

I found this in the technical support FAQ...

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000011944

I am not sure if this constitutes an ACCEPTABLE answer, but it does explain the results I am seeing.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

looks acceptabe given that the geometry has no extent and they have to do something... good find!

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos