updated to ArcGIS Pro ver 2.9.0; still being prompted to update when I open Pro

Jump to solution
11-18-2021 09:59 AM
wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

I noticed the update alert and Downloaded the install, but when the install completes and I reopen Pro, it still prompts me to download the same update

Anyone else seeing this? is there a workaround or fix? I've seen another issue with 2.9.0 that I'll describe in a different post

Screenshot 2021-11-18 125537.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

clean install (seems to have) fixed this issue

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Based on your other post, I suspect that you have an install issue, so you can try

Windows, Add/Remove Programs, select Remove, then Repair.

If that doesn't work, you should download the installable *.exe for 2.9 to your local machine from My Esri

Completely uninstall 2.9, then reinstall from the *.exe.

If you already downloaded the *.exe, you can use the *.msi to reinstall Pro.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

I was unable to uninstall completely - keep getting "Error 1714: The older version of ArcGIS Pro cannot be removed".

I found some steps from EsriBeLux on doing a clean uninstall, but still the error persists.

I opened a support ticket to sort it out

0 Kudos
VMitch
by
New Contributor III

I had the same happen to me recently and I did a complete uninstall/reinstall and it fixed the problem for me. Hope it works for you.

RockRunEnterprises
Occasional Contributor

I just updated from within and while not being prompted to update again, I am having crashing issues when I export a layout to pdf/image. Going to try a repair or fresh install.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

A customer had a very similar experience and resolved it using Resolution 1 or Resolution 2:

Resolution: 1. Delete ArcGIS Pro registry key
Go to Windows Start button > Launch Regedit
In the left pane of the Registry Editor, navigate to the following directory:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Classes > Installer
Under Installer > Products > and then one by one, click on each of the sub-keys under the Products key to have their contents displayed in the right pane of the Registry Editor
You need to check out the Product Name registry string (REG_SZ) for each of the sub-keys under the Products key as their Value data will contain the name of the program that specific registry key is for. You need to keep going until you find the sub-key belonging to the ArcGIS Pro.
Once you find the sub-key belonging to the affected program, right-click on the sub-key and click on Delete.
Click on Yes in the resulting popup to confirm the action.
Close the Registry Editor and reboot the computer.
Related documentation: https://appuals.com/fix-the-feature-you-are-trying-to-use-in-on-a-network-resource-that-is-unavailab...
2. Run SFC scan through command prompt
Open command prompt in administrative privileges.
Type “ sfc /scannow “ and click enter.
The scan will begin automatically .
Do not close the command prompt until the scan get completed.
Try installing ArcGIS Pro and check whether the Error code 1714 is fixed.
Related documentation: http://microsoftask.com/2017/01/error-code-1714-1714-1714/

wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

clean install (seems to have) fixed this issue

0 Kudos