Update table row failed. General function failure [No permission to edit the specific feature.]

07-03-2019 12:31 PM
EstellaSmith
New Contributor III

I'm trying to have a colleague help me review and update data in some tables.  However, she get's an "Update table row failed. General function failure [No permission to edit the specified feature.]" shown below.

I double checked to make sure she was added to the group on AGOL and feature layer hosted.  How do I make sure she is a data curator with the appropriate privileges?

Estella Smith
0 Kudos
4 Replies
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Estella, 

One item I noted in your setting is "Editors can only edit their own features" is enabled.  Please take a look at Manage hosted feature layers on the AGOL website.

If you want to restrict feature edits based on the creator of the feature, select Editors can only edit their own features (requires tracking) under the What features can editors edit? setting. This allows editors to delete or modify the features they created but not delete or modify others' features.

0 Kudos
EstellaSmith
New Contributor III

Thank you Lance.  I did not catch that in the settings.  I will make that change and have my colleague test out the feature layer to make some modifications.  

Estella Smith
0 Kudos
AndrewHargreaves1
New Contributor III

I'm having a very similar issue when attempting to delete records using arcgis_pro and receive the error below:

This data is shared through a group, but I own both the data and the group.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll answer my own question as now i've worked it out. The issue was that despite the feature services being shared into a group, and me having permission to that data in that group, I hadn't added the data to my Pro doc from the group. Instead I'd added it in directly, pasting the Feature Services URL into "Add data from web". As such, the GP task to delete the rows was (I'm assuming) not going through the group/being given the appropriate permission to perform the action. 

By repathing the layers in my Pro Doc to access the data from the AGO group, all was fixed.