Update multiple fields in single go from joined table

Jump to solution
08-24-2021 06:27 PM
BrianOberdorf
New Contributor II

I have new Feature Class template that I pasted the geometry and one field from the existing Feature Class. I then joined this to an excel sheet that had updated and corrected attributes.

Is there a way to update multiple fields in a single action, such that I can say map multiple fields and update them in one go. Currently I use the Field Calculator to pull the associated feature back from the joined data, which is time consuming for the number of layers I need to correct.

I am relatively inexperienced with ArcGIS Pro and feel I am overlooking something.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could use Calculate Fields (multiple), maybe? But that's likely only going to be useful if the process is consistent. You use the term "correct". Is this a one-time thing, or do you foresee performing this task frequently?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There are no built-in tools.

You could replicate your workflow in modelbuilder if the procedure and inputs are the same for all your featureclasses.

The other option is to develop one of the python toolbox variants.

... sort of retired...
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could use Calculate Fields (multiple), maybe? But that's likely only going to be useful if the process is consistent. You use the term "correct". Is this a one-time thing, or do you foresee performing this task frequently?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Sounds like you have one reference field in the feature class and the rest are from the excel table.

could use Join Field  Join Field to modify the existing feature class, or Add Join Add Join , then copy/overwrite to new feature class with updated values.

R_