Select to view content in your preferred language

Unwanted Legend Item Appears After Export

08-28-2020 04:56 AM
RyanBarber1
New Contributor II

Working in ArcGIS Pro 2.6, I'm trying to export a figure with Esri's "World Transportation" layer in the map. I have the layer unchecked in the legend, but when I export to PDF, World Transportation is in the legend (the group heading, too). Removing the layer from the legend portion of the TOC doesn't solve the problem- it appears in the legend unless I remove the layer from the map entirely.

21 Replies
JeffGray
New Contributor II

Another way to workaround this problem is to create a legend with the items you want to display and then convert the legend to a graphic.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just wanted to say I'm experiencing a similar problem using 2.9.3. I have several layers turned off in the legend withing the table of contents, but one particular layer keeps appearing in my legend when I export it. This item is not visible in the legend when I begin the export process. These are locally-hosted layers too, if that matters. I just ended up removing the unchecked item from the legend within the TOC and it works fine. That's not the most desirable way to get what I want, but it works.

0 Kudos