Unexpected result for Extract values to points in Arcpy

10-07-2020 11:48 AM
mariasheikh
New Contributor

I am working on spatial interpolation. To extract values for my required points, I am using "Extract values to points" tool from Spatial interpolation toolbox. The tool is working good in ArcMap 10.5. But when I try to use the tool from ArcPy. Same value is generated for each point in test set.

Here is my code:

#point extraction    

# Set local variables

inPointFeatures = "test.lyr"

inRaster = "out1"

outPointFeatures = "extractvaluespts.dbf"

# Check out the ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension license

arcpy.CheckOutExtension("Spatial")

# Execute

ExtractValuesToPoints ExtractValuesToPoints(inPointFeatures, inRaster, outPointFeatures, "INTERPOLATE",          "VALUE_ONLY")

My code for test point layer is as follow:

##XY layer for test

# Set the local variables

in_Table = "test.csv"

x_coords = "LONGITUDE"

y_coords = "LATITUDE"

z_coords = ""

out_Layer = "test"

saved_Layer = r"C:\Users\myc\Desktop\thesis combine\weather parameters\max temp\with elevation\chk1\test.lyr"          # Set the spatial reference

spRef = r"Coordinate Systems\Geographic Coordinate Systems\World\WGS 1984.prj"

# Make the XY event layer...

arcpy.MakeXYEventLayer_management(in_Table, x_coords, y_coords, out_Layer, spRef, z_coords)

# Print the total rows

print(arcpy.GetCount_management(out_Layer))

# Save to a layer file

arcpy.SaveToLayerFile_management(out_Layer, saved_Layer)

I am unable to understand the reason behind this error? P.S. When I work with geostatistical analyst tool set and GA to points, it works perfect, but I require to use raster calculator that's why I cannot use Geostatistical analyst. How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
0 Replies