Unchecking a layer in the table of contents causes ArcGIS Pro to crash

08-21-2019 01:36 PM
Bristlecone-Geo
New Contributor III

This began in the rollout of Pro 2.4. Then it was raster layers that if you tried to un-check them during editing, it would cause the Pro project to crash. So now that problem has migrated to feature layers. Created a simple line feature layer with COGO enabled. Seemed to work fine for a couple days and now if I want to edit a different layer, and don't want to accidently edit my COGO layer, if I uncheck the COGO layer, Pro project crashes....

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Pete,

Does this crash occur when you have the attribute table open for the layer you uncheck as editible in List By Editing? If so, is it still reproducible if you close the attribute table first, and do the same steps?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
Bristlecone-Geo
New Contributor III

Let me try and I’ll get back to you.

Thanks!

Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, Pete. If you want to delete your data, feel free. At the bottom of your post with the attachment, you will see an Actions button. Click that and click Edit. Once in the editor, at the bottom, there is an "x" next to the attachment that you can click to delete it.

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Using your MMPK I'm not able to Repro. It appears this stuff may be coming from a SQL/SDE originally? There are way too many variables (computer, video card, flavor of SDE) in this case for Geonet to Solve it, so your best bet to go tech support and hope you get Lauren D. 

Bristlecone-Geo
New Contributor III

Do you work for ESRI?

Pete Magee

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Haha No. But I've experienced your type of problem many times, and know when it's time to call TS.