Unable to set the Schema Type for ArcGIS Pro ModelBuilder Append tool to NO_TEST

Jump to solution
06-16-2020 03:37 PM
OliverIshmael
Occasional Contributor

I do some geoprocessing in ArcMap Toolbox to load data updates and this works fine but because of the repetitive nature of the updates i'm interested in using model builder in ArcGIS Pro to automate it.

I've set up a model to do this but in the Data Management Tools > General > Append tool I usually set schema type to NO_TEST because there are always new fields that don't match, however, in ArcGIS Pro this option is not available. The options are:

What should I do, bearing in mind I wish to automate this so that I don't need to map the fields each time I run the model?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mdonnelly
Esri Contributor

Hello Oliver,

My understanding is that the option for 'Use the Field Map to reconcile schema differences' is the same as NO_TEST. See here:

Append—Data Management toolbox | Documentation 

schema_type:

Specifies whether the schema (field definitions) of the input datasets must match the schema of the target dataset for data to be appended.

• TEST Input dataset schema (field definitions) must match the schema of the target dataset. An error will be returned if the schemas do not match.
  • NO_TEST Input dataset schema (field definitions) do not have to match the schema of the target dataset. Any fields from the input datasets that do not match the fields of the target dataset will not be mapped to the target dataset unless the mapping is explicitly set in the Field Map parameter.

Mark

Regards,
Mark

View solution in original post

1 Reply
mdonnelly
Esri Contributor

Hello Oliver,

My understanding is that the option for 'Use the Field Map to reconcile schema differences' is the same as NO_TEST. See here:

Append—Data Management toolbox | Documentation 

schema_type:

Specifies whether the schema (field definitions) of the input datasets must match the schema of the target dataset for data to be appended.

• TEST Input dataset schema (field definitions) must match the schema of the target dataset. An error will be returned if the schemas do not match.
  • NO_TEST Input dataset schema (field definitions) do not have to match the schema of the target dataset. Any fields from the input datasets that do not match the fields of the target dataset will not be mapped to the target dataset unless the mapping is explicitly set in the Field Map parameter.

Mark

Regards,
Mark